These 5 exercises you can easily do at your home or Gym to increase the core strength or tone your belly:
- Mountain Climber:Bring yourself in starting push-up position. Keep your core tight, bring right knee to chest and return back to start. Repeat with your left knee. Continue it for 10-12 reps each side. Your body should be in a straight line from head to toe.
2. Plank: Place your elbow slightly wider than shoulders. Ground the toes into the floor like you are about to do a push-up. Squeeze your glutes. Neutralize the neck by looking at a spot on the floor. Your head should be in the line of the back.
3. Russian Twist: Start sitting on the floor, knees slightly bent, heels on the floor. Lean back slightly to engage your abs. Rotate to the left, touching your fingertips to the floor. Rotate to the right, again touching fingertips to the floor. Quickly alternate back and forth for 60 seconds. To make it harder, lift your leg off the floor.
4. Flutter Kicks: Start lying down, hands by your sides, with your lower back pressed flat on the floor. Keeping your core tight, lift legs slightly off the floor. Pointing your toes, bring one foot up, then the other, and repeat so they’re fluttering without feet ever touching the floor. Continue for 30-45 seconds. Place hands slightly behind your butt, making sure to still keep your lower back flat on the floor.
5. V- ups: It is the total core movement exercise. It challenges your abs, back and flexibility. In this, you want to try to touch your toes. For beginners, it’s ok if they don’t touch their toes. It will challenge their flexibility.