There are 5 main fitness components which make you total fit. It is not enough to be able to squat of double of your body weight if you can’t run a mile.
Here is the explanation of all the main 5 components of fitness.
- Cardiovascular Endurance: Ability of the heart and lungs to supply originated rich blood to the working skeleton muscles for long duration of time without fatigue. It can be developed by aerobic exercises which go on continuously for more than 3 minutes in which ATP( Adenosine Try-phosphate) is generated in the presence of oxygen.
2. Muscle Endurance: It is the ability of the skeletal muscle to contract submaximally for long duration without fatigue. It is specific to the activity performed or being trainer for comprehensive aerobic muscular endurance can be developed by performing aerobic exercises in cross training manner.
3. Flexibility: It is the ability to the body to maintain and achieve full & complete range of motion across all joints. It depends upon extensibility and elasticity of skeleton muscles. Extensibility is the ability to stretch . Elasticity is the ability to come back to the original position.
4. Musculoskeletal strength:- It is the ability of the skeletal muscle to contract maximally once against a given load while taking the related joints through a complete range of motion. Musculoskeletal strength is the combined strength of muscles, bones, Tendence , ligaments. It can be improved through Intense Weight Training into (<10 rep max) .Functional Strength can be improved by performing structural lifts as well as unsupported compound movements using free weights.
5. Idea Body composition: It is the ability of our body to achieve/maintain ideal ratio between it’s lean body mass & fat mass (Adipose tissue).
In man, this ratio is considered ideal if their fat percentage is in between 4% to 15% of their total body weight.
In women, it should be between 8 to 20% of their total body weight.
In order to maintain this ratio, we must follow the hypertrophy tripod.