Insulin is a hormone made by the pancreas that allows your body to use sugar from carbohydrates in the food that you eat for energy.
Insulin helps to keep your blood sugar level from getting too high or too low.
If your body has more sugar in your body than it needs, insulin helps to store the sugar in your liver and releases it when your sugar level is low or in between physical activity. If your body doesn’t produce enough insulin , you may develop hyperglycemia (High Blood Sugar Level) if your blood sugar level stay elevated for long time.
There are some ways to lower your insulin levels:
- Follow a low carb diet.
- Add Apple cide vinegar in your diet.
- Eat More Soluble Fiber
- Add more fruit and vegetables in your diet.
- Add different types of herbs in your diet like turmeric, ginger, garlic and fenugreek seeds.
- Add cinnamon in your diet ( better to add this in your tea)
- Reduce intake of added sugar.