There are few Exercises which you need to include when you feel stiffness in your ankle and these mobility exercises can improve your mobility & movements more easy.
Cause of Poor Ankle Mobility is Ankle Joint Restriction.
Flexibility restriction: Dorsiflexion problems can occur when the calf muscle ( gastroc and soleus complex) are tight.
1. Ankle planter flexion with band :
Use a resistance band to strengthen your ankle as you point your toes down toward your heel (plantar flexion).
2. Toes to the wall: Put your toes up on a wall or some vertical surface with your heel on the floor. Shift your hips forward to force the ankle into a flexed position.
3. Sit at the bottom of squat : Sit at the bottom of a squat. Keep both heels planted on the ground and shift your weight from side to side forcing the ankle into deeper dorsiflexion:
4. Move your foot in circles: Rotate your foot 10-15 times clockwise and anticlockwise for 2-3 sets for each leg like shown in the picture:
5. Practice Ankle raises: Place your ankle or feet together and slowly raise yourself up .Once you have reached your maximum height, lower your feet back down in a controlled motion.
These five ankle mobility exercises will help you in so many movement like deep squats, lunges , deadlifts etc.