Protein is one of the three macronutrient which helps in growth and maintenance of muscles. It keeps your bones, skin and hair healthy. Eating enough protein helps keep you full.
People wonder where they get their proteins. Some people say “Vegetarian protein doesn’t have all the amino acids which support in muscle growth”. Actually, it’s not hard to meet the requirement of protein in Vegan or Vegetarian diet. Every person or athlete needs different amount of protein according to their goals, age and activity level.
There is some Vegetarian protein and their protein quantity which you can add in your daily to meet the requirement:
- Tofu: 9 grams in 3 ounce.
- Chia Seeds: 3 grams per 1 tablespoon
- Chickpeas: 19 gram in 100 gram
- Kidney Beans: 24 gram in 100 gram
- Lentils : 9 gram in half cup cooked
- Peanut butter: 7 gram in 2 tablespoon
- Green peas: 8 gram of protein per cup
- Quinoa : 8 grams per cup
- Almonds: 6 grams per ounce
- Greek yogurt: 23 grams of protein per cup
- Cottage cheese: 15 gram of protein per half cup